HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF THE SECRET
• Uncle Vernom reprimanded harry potter because he didn’t like harry, moreover harry owl made a hooting and harry said “MAGIC” word.
• Harry felt so lonely, because he didn’t receive any birthday letters from his friend in magical world.
• Harry saw the odd couple eyes underbrush.
• Harry met dobby that warned him not to back to Hogwarts because there is something dangerous will be happened to him,
• Vernom reprimanded harry again because dobby made a disturbance and baffled his uncle business,
• Vernom caged harry in Harry’s room.
• Ron, George, Fred came and brought harry to their house.
• Harry told them about Dobby, then Fred told that there is someone who sent dobby to make harry doesn’t back to Hogwarts.
• They arrived to the burrow and Mrs. Weasley welcome harry warmly.
• Harry and Weasley family went to Diagon alley, but harry strayed away in Knokturn Alley.
• Harry saw malfoy before he met hagrid and accompanied him to Diagon alley.
• Harry finally met Weasley family and Greanger family.
• They go to Flourish and Blotts book store. There Mr. Weasley fought with Mr. Malfoy, then Malfoy gave a diary to Ginny.
• Harry and Weasley family would go to Hogwarts, but harry and ron couldn’t passed the portal, then they go to Hogwarts by flying car.
• Harry and Ron was interrogated by Snape, mc Gonagle, and Dumbledore because they used magic in non-magic area.
• They got another chance, then they back to his castle.
• Ron got howler from his mother.
• Harry and his friends attended prof. sprout class before attending transfiguration class.
• Harry met Collin before attending Lockhart class.
• Harry and his friends was practicing Quidditch while Malfoy and her friends came and claimed that the field belonged to them because they have special permission from Snape.
• Malfoy insulted Hermione then ron gave a spell to malfoy, but his spell back to him because his wand is broken.
• Mc Gonagle gave a detention for each of them, harry should help Lockhart to reply his fans letter and Ron should help flitch to polish the trophy.
• Harry heard an horrible sound.
• Nick invited harry to his death day party, and harry promised he would come.
• Harry, Ron, and Hermione came to nick party.
• When they back, harry heard the same horrible sound.
• They found writing in the wall and mrs noris hung on beside the writing.
• Harry, Ron, and Hermione were interrogated by Dumbledore n some others teacher.
• In history class, Hermione asked about the chamber of the secret, and she get some information
• They saw spiders walked in line to forbidden forest.
• They asked myrtle about what was going on last night, but no information got.
• They started to plan about polyjuice potion.
• Harry, Ron, and Hermione tricked Lockhart to give his signature, then they used it to borrow forbidden book from library.
• The Gryffindor Quidditch team won the game over Slyterin’s.
• Collin Crevee was attacked by the mysterious creature.
• Hermione stole some ingredients from Snape’s room when Harry distracted him.
• Lockhart held a dueling club to teach the students some charms to defend themselves.
• Harry was taken into Dumbledore room for “cough in fact” of the attacking.
• Harry and his two Friends decided to use polyjuice potion in Christmas day.
• They found the fact that it was not Malfoy who opened the Chamber of the secret.
• Hermione drunk polyjuice potion with wrong hair, and she turn into half cat person.
• Harry found a diary in Myrtle’s bathroom.
• The diary showed its memory about what happened 50 years ago.
• Hagrid was accused of the attack 50 years ago.
• Hermione has attacked, too, by the mysterious creature.
• Harry and Ron went for a visit to Hagrid to find out what really happened 50 years ago.
• Hagrid was jailed straightly in Azkaban.
• Aragog and whole of its clans attacked Harry and Ron after it told them the truth about Hagrid.
• Ron’s car saved them from Aragog’s attack.
• Harry and Ron went to investigate Moaning Myrtle.
• Harry figured that the mysterious creature was Basilisk.
• Basilisk attacked again, this time Ginny was the victim.
• Harry, Ron, and Lockhart went to chamber of the secret.
• Harry met Lord Voldemort in the chamber.
• Harry saved Ginny after he has killed Basilisk.
• They escape from the chamber of the secret.
• Harry told everything happened to Dumbledore.
• Harry set Dobby free by tricking Malfoy.
• Everything went normal and Harry went back home.
3. Question and Answer
• Who is the name of Vernom and Petunia’s son?
The name of their son is Dudley
• Where does Dursley family live?
Dursley family live in number four, Privet Drive.
• Where did vernom lock Harry’s magical properties?
In the cupboard under the stairs.
• How old was Harry at this birthday?
He was twelve years old.
• What should harry do when Vernom guest come?
He should in his room, making no noise and pretending he was not there.
4. Plot Summary Of Harry Potter And The Chamber Of The Secret
Soon after the start of Harry's second session at Hogwarts, messages on the walls of the corridors say that the mythical Chamber of Secrets has been re-opened and that the "heir of Slytherin" would kill all pupils whose parents are not both magical – which includes Hermione. At intervals various inhabitants of the school are found petrified in corridors. Meanwhile, Harry, Ron, and Hermione discover Moaning Myrtle, the ghost of a girl who was killed the last time the Chamber was opened, and who now haunts the girls' toilet in which she died. Myrtle shows Harry a diary bearing the name Tom Marvolo Riddle. Although its pages are blank, it responds when Harry writes in it. Eventually the book shows him Hogwarts as it was fifty years ago. There he sees Tom Riddle, a pupil at the time, pin the blame for opening the Chamber on Rubeus Hagrid, who was then thirteen years old and already devoted to keeping dangerous magical creatures as pets.
Four months later, the diary is stolen, and shortly afterward Hermione is petrified. However, she holds a note explaining that the culprit is a basilisk, a huge serpent whose gaze kills those who look into its eyes directly but only petrifies those who look into them by means of a reflecting surface, such as water or a mirror. Hermione concluded that the monster travels through the school's pipes and emerges through the toilet Myrtle haunts. As the attacks continue, Cornelius Fudge, the Minister for Magic, holds Hagrid in the wizards' prison as a precaution. Lucius Malfoy, a former supporter of Voldemort who claims to have reformed, then announces that the school's governors have suspended Dumbledore from the position of headmaster.
After Ron's younger sister Ginny is taken into the Chamber, the staff insist that the Dark Arts teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart, should handle the situation. However, when Harry and Ron go to his office to tell him what they have discovered about the basilisk, Lockhart reveals that he is a fraud who took credit for the accomplishments of others and attempts to erase the boys' memories. Disarming Lockhart, they march him to Moaning Myrtle's toilet, where Harry opens the passage to the Chamber of Secrets. In the sewers under the school, Lockhart grabs Ron's wand and tries again to wipe the boys' memories – but Ron's wand had been damaged in an accident at the start of the school year and the spell backfires, inflicting total amnesia on Lockhart, collapsing part of the tunnel and separating Harry from Ron and Lockhart.
While Ron attempts to tunnel through the rubble, Harry enters the Chamber of Secrets, where Ginny lies beside the diary. As he examines her, Tom Riddle appears, looking exactly as he did fifty years ago, and explains that he is a memory stored in the diary. Ginny wrote in it about her adolescent hopes and fears, and Riddle won her confidence by appearing sympathetic, possessed her, and used her to open the Chamber. Riddle also reveals that he is Voldemort as a boy. He further explains that he learned from Ginny who Harry was and about his own deeds as Voldemort. When Ginny realised that she had been responsible for the attacks, she attempted to throw the diary away, which is how it came into Harry's possession. Riddle then releases the basilisk to kill Harry. Dumbledore's pet phoenix, Fawkes, brings a magnificent sword wrapped in the Sorting Hat. Harry uses the sword to kill the basilisk – but only after being bitten by the creature's venomous fangs, one of which breaks off. As Riddle gloats over the dying Harry, Fawkes cures him with its tears. Harry stabs the diary with the broken fang, and Riddle screams and vanishes. Ginny revives after Riddle's disappearance and they return to Ron, who is still watching over the amnesic Lockhart. Fawkes carries all four out of the tunnels.
Harry recounts the whole story to Dumbledore, who has been reinstated. The headmaster revokes his threat to expel the boys if they broke more rules and gives them special awards for services to the school. When Harry mentions his fears that he is similar to Tom Riddle, Dumbledore says that Harry chose Gryffindor House, and only a true member of that House could have used Godric Gryffindor's sword to kill the basilisk. Lucius Malfoy bursts in, and Harry accuses him of slipping the diary into one of Ginny's books while all the pupils were shopping for school books. Malfoy replies, "Prove it." Finally, all of the basilisk's petrified victims are revived by a potion, the preparation of which has taken several months.
Harry Potter- The hero and protagonist, Harry is a twelve-year-old boy with messy hair and glasses who became famous within the wizard community by surviving the curse of a powerful wizard. Harry frequently finds himself entangled in dangerous adventures but he always lives to tell the tale. Harry's character represents good intentions, innocence, and the fantasies of childhood.
Ron Weasley - Ron is tall, red-haired, and from a respected but poor family. Ron is one of Harry's two best friends at Hogwarts. He is loyal to Harry, and belligerent to their enemy, Malfoy. Ron uses experience and a process of trial-and-error to solve most mysteries. Ron's character is often overshadowed by Harry's, but Ron always manages to succeed.
Hermione Granger - Hermione is always the top student in her class. She is clever and well-read. Most spells come easily to her and remain in her encyclopedic mind. Her insight leads her to discover that the monster within the Chamber is a basilisk and that Polyjuice potion will allow the group of friends to spy on Malfoy. Principled and fond of rules, Hermione unwillingly follows the boys on their illicit adventures in order to unravel the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets.
Voldemort - Once a student named Tom Riddle who attended Hogwarts fifty years before Harry, Voldemort became the most powerful dark wizard ever. When Harry was a baby, Voldemort killed Harry's parents and tried to kill Harry, only to have his curse backfire and render him powerless. He is an embodiment of pure evil.
Tom Riddle - Tom's past and appearance resemble Harry's. Tom, who grew up to become Voldemort, is the last remaining descendent of Salazar Slytherin. Through his old diary he enchants Ginny Weasley to perform his dark tasks.
Hagrid - The gamekeeper at Hogwarts and a good friend of Harry's. Hagrid is a giant, hairy man with a strong accent and a great liking for strange and dangerous creatures. Tom Riddle frames him as responsible for the monster within the Chamber of Secrets.
Albus Dumbledore - The headmaster of Hogwarts. Dumbledore is a wise, powerful, elderly man with a long silver beard. He is one of the most impressive characters Harry has ever met. He has a calm, secretive demeanor and is extremely intuitive and trustworthy. He also is an egalitarian wizard, believing that all wizards, whatever their blood, have the same potential for greatness. This notion infuriates Lucius Malfoy, who tries to get Dumbledore fired from the position of headmaster.
Draco Malfoy - Slimy, smirking, and snobby, Draco is Harry's greatest Hogwarts nemesis. Because his family is very wealthy, he is able to buy himself a position on the Slytherin House Quidditch team, but even though he has the fastest broomstick, he cannot play the game well.
Lucius Malfoy - Draco Malfoy's father, a mean, hissing man who mistreats Dobby, his house-elf, and encourages meanness and bigotry in his son. He is the head of the school governing board, and he uses his power to (temporarily) remove Dumbledore from power. Lucius is responsible for having slipped Riddle's diary into Ginny Weasley's books at the beginning of the story.
Ginny Weasley - Ron's younger sister. Ginny is a shy red-haired girl with an enormous crush on Harry. She finds Tom Riddle's diary. The magic diary manipulates her into opening the Chamber of Secrets and releasing the basilisk.
Percy Weasley - Ron's brother. Percy is a prefect who is in charge of a group of younger students. He is annoying, nagging, and pompous, but has good intentions.
Fred Weasley - One of Ron's older brothers, Fred is a beater for the Gryffindor House Quidditch team. Fred and his twin brother George are troublemakers. Fred has a louder sense of humor than George, but they are almost identical and usually inseparable.
George Weasley - One of Ron's older brothers, George is a beater for the Gryffindor House Quidditch team. He and his twin brother Fred are troublemakers. George is subtler and more tongue-in-cheek than his twin. Together, the Weasley twins are an infamous, amusing, and charming pair.
Molly Weasley - Ron's mother. Molly is very maternal and protective, but also quite strict.
Arthur Weasley - Ron's father, who works in the Misuse of Muggles Artifacts Office within the Ministry of Magic. He Muggle artifacts, and has a buoyant, childlike enthusiasm.
Vernon Dursley - Harry's stuffy, nasty-tempered Muggle uncle.
Petunia Dursley - Harry's unpleasant Muggle aunt.
Dudley Dursley - Harry's spoiled, overweight Muggle cousin.
Minerva McGonagall - The head of Gryffindor House, a stern but deeply concerned witch, and a great aficionado of Quidditch.
Severus Snape - The Potions teacher, and a slimy, ill-tempered man, Snape is the head of Slytherin House and gets great pleasure out of trying to get Harry into trouble.
Gilderoy Lockhart - The teacher of the class called "Defense Against the Dark Arts." Lockhart is the author of many magical books, and the five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. An incompetent, astonishingly vain man, Lockhart offers much of the comic relief in this story.
Professor Sprout - The Herbology teacher who is in the process of growing Mandrakes to save the petrified victims.
Argus Filch - The Hogwarts caretaker, who is grouchy and adores nothing but his cat.
Mrs. Norris - Filch's beloved cat, petrified by the basilisk.
Cornelius Fudge - The Minister of Magic, who visits to apologetically remove Hagrid.
Oliver Wood - The Gryffindor Quidditch captain and keeper.
Colin Creevey - A first year boy who follows Harry around, taking his photographs and embarrassing him tremendously; The first person to be petrified.
Neville Longbottom - A sweet, pudgy, and very clumsy Gryffindor boy; a friend of Harry.
Goyle - One of Draco Malfoy's unintelligent, lumbering cronies; Harry uses Polyjuice potion to transform himself into Goyle.
Crabbe - The other of Draco Malfoy's unintelligent, lumbering cronies; Ron uses Polyjuice potion to transform into him.
Millicent Bulstrode - A belligerent Slytherin girl who has to duel with Hermione during the dueling club meeting. Hermione tries to transform into her, but becomes her cat instead.
Justin Finch-Fletchley - A Muggle-born boy in Hufflepuff House who is petrified.
Penelope Clearwater - Percy's girlfriend, a Ravenclaw prefect who is petrified.
Dobby - The Malfoy house-elf. Dobby tries to get Harry out of Hogwarts to keep him away from the danger that lurks there. he almost kills Harry by trying to save his life so many times.
Ernie Macmillan - Justin's friend, who suspects Harry to be responsible for the suspicious occurrences at Hogwarts.
Nearly-Headless Nick - The friendly Gryffindor ghost whose Deathday party Ron, Harry, and Hermione attend.
Moaning Myrtle - A ghost who haunts the girls' toilet. Myrtle was killed by the Chamber of Secrets basilisk fifty years earlier.
Peeves - A poltergeist that causes harmless trouble at Hogwarts.
Hedwig - Harry's pet owl.
Aragog - A giant spider raised in captivity by Hagrid.
Fang - Hagrid's large but friendly dog.